Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going Under Construction

Yesterday I had a fateful meeting - with Mark Johnson the handyman. We walked and talked through all what it will take to transform our family room to the welcoming place of hospitality that I envision it to be. I am almost beyond words in my delight that this is actually going to happen. I have hoped, planned, despaired, been resigned, been renewed and gotten stuck so many times that I can hardly believe it's finally going to happen. Today the kids and I are going to go to IKEA to look at some cabinets and then I'm going to visit the door store as well as the neighborhood flooring store.

What finally convinced me, gave me the "umph" and the courage to proceed, you ask? The deep sense that this is something God is calling me to do. To step beyond my fears, inadequacies, doubt and truly believe that a new family room will not only bless me or our family but will bless our community as well. This morning I was envisioning new ways to use our home as a place of healing and restoration. Just as God has been restoring and healing me, I know He can and will use our new freedom to bless others. I'm eager to begin; delighted with the prospects and confident in God's provision. He's a wonderful, heavenly Daddy who loves to give good gifts to His children. Thank You, Daddy! And so it begins....

No comments: