Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Women of Burundi

The vision for the poor women of Burundi is beginning to come into focus. Thank you to all of you who have let your hearts be touched and have given support. Gloriose has just sent me another document of her plans to help the women and I have to say that it overwhelms me.....until I remember that this is God's work and not mine. He's been preparing Gloriose for this for a long time and so He has the timetable and the support worked out. I'm simply a messenger and a voice calling out for change. Here is what Gloriose wrote to me earlier:

Sister Heidi,
Thank you so much for what you are doing for your burundian sisters you do not know yet, yes I am praying for that and I am sure that if my vision comes from God, He must provides because it is his will.
Psalm 68:4-7.
Much blessing, Gloriose from Burundi.

I looked up Psalm 68:4-7 in The Message, it says this:
Sing hymns to God, all heaven, sing out, clear the way for the coming of Cloud Rider. Enjoy God, cheer when you see Him! Father of orphans, champion of widows, is God in His holy house. God makes homes for the homeless, leads prisoners to freedom, but leaves rebels to rot in hell."

I think the psalmist is talking about the kind of rebels who only have their own interest at heart; like the rebels who're causing so much trouble in the Congo so that they can control the wealth of that country. "Rebels for Jesus" fight against the status quo and have the interest of widows, orphans, homeless and prisoners in mind. You are a rebel when you give yourself (time and money) to those who need you. And they need you! So keep Gloriose in your prayers - God is up to something big with her and I can't wait to see what it is!

No comments: