Thursday, April 23, 2009

Gloriose

I've been hearing more from Gloriose these past couple of days and it caused me to read back through all our communications. It encourages me so much to hear her words of faith and I know that she is truly living out the call to help the poor. One thing that really strikes me is that her whole ministry/calling has come about through listening. She got training in how to really listen. That is the first thing she does and then she can really discern what the need is. Sometimes it is the only thing she can do but even in the listening there is healing. Oh that we would all learn to listen better!

One part of her story that I did not tell in my earlier blog about her is that she has a son who has a brain tumor. He has been living with her sister in Sweden in order to get better medical care (I think he's been there for close to a year). He's finally scheduled for surgery on May 19th and she'd really like to be there with him. She wrote to ask for prayers for him and for her visa and then, when I probed a little further she admitted that she doesn't have the funds for the plane ticket. These are her words:

"This time I am waiting to the visa and I am asking financely some help to my brothers and sisters in Christ because I do not have the money for the ticket to go and to come back from Sweden, I have only money to pay for my visa, you can pray also for my ticket, I trust in my God , He knows my needs and he will provide, In my nature, I do not know to ask money for myself, but there are some situations I am not able to solve alone,so, if possible, some contribution would be useful for me."

I asked and now I'm wondering if there are some who'd like to join me in sending her some money for her ticket. I don't know how much she needs but God does and I think it would be a faith strengthener for all of us to see what comes in and then match it to her need. I've heard amazing stories about God answering prayer exactly without the people involved knowing the details. I think that'd be cool.

No comments: