Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gloriose Giving

It has now been a year since I started the fund for Gloriose - how can that be?!! In less than 8 months, a team will be going to Burundi to come alongside the programs there and to connect with Gloriose. Recently I've been feeling the tug to go with that team. How good it would be to see the women that the fund has helped and to hear their stories. I've pasted in this blog, an email from Gloriose that talks about how she's used the money. My hope is to continue to send her money and then when the team goes, the stories will be rich and rewarding. Here is her email:

"Dear sisters,
Greeting in the name of Jesus,I am happy to share with you this storie of a christian group of women who are annointed to pray for healing of different deases, they belong to a very poor church and live in a quarter which has been destroyed during the long war in our country, The lord has put them in my heart and last month I gave them money to start together smalls busness, I went to visit them, I told them that I have sisters in America who are praying for them, they thank you and thank the Lord for the help , hope God will give them opportunity to see you one day. They ten and have decided to start an association, you can see them in this different pictures with an other woman and one man who live for the moment in that small church because theiy are praying for their healing. An other group of 6 women are selling some food you will see some pictures in their quater, they told me that that work give them clothes and food for their families, most of them have small children who need sometime to have milk.May God bless each of you and what you are doing for burundian poor women, the way is very long but God knows how He will provide through his poeple."

I've left the email just as it came to me because it shows that even though English is the 3rd language for Gloriose, she communicates very well. Heaven help us if I had to try to write to her in French! A big thanks to all of you who've been helping Gloriose to help others. It is a privilege for me to share in the process of blessing the poor women in this country. May you be blessed as well.

1 comment:

juli said...

I love how you are enlarging your world. Quite an inspiration. juli