Friday, April 27, 2012

Bekah comes home!

Bekah is on her way home from college and will be here for the next 4 months!  I can't begin to say how much I look forward to her being here and to having another caregiver in the home.  My plan is to work out a schedule so that I can get back into regular exercise and outings away from the home.  I still feel really fragile and need to be proactive in my own care.  I have also been thinking this would be a good time to get Dad out more and I will try to do that.  At the same time, I realize I may be projecting my needs onto him.  I asked him this morning what he'd like to do and he said "just exist."  He's said that to me before and I thought he was depressed but today he said he's content to just be here with Mom.  And read his books.  She's content to spend most of her day either in bed or napping in her chair.  And I'll be much more content when I have some structure in my life.

No comments: