Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Patience and Flexibility

The latest news is that we're going to Rwanda and Burundi but not Malawi. This is due to time constraints as well as the cost of tickets in Africa. Since plans are still fairly fluid I'm finding great joy in trusting God. I was reading today about the Batwa people that we'll be visiting in Burundi and if you'd like to watch a video please go to:
http://www.brianmclaren.net/archives/blog/project-batwa.html I'm amazed at how little these people have and yet how joyful they are. It reminds me of calendar quote I read two days ago: "If you don't enjoy what you have, how could you be happier with more?" Indeed.
So today I'm very grateful that my pot has roast in addition to potatoes and that my children will have plenty to eat.

No comments: