Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Problem with Politics

I had a nice long walk and talk with a friend yesterday - in beautiful sunshine surrounded by the serenity of Hamlin park. How I love those woods and the joy that I get from watching our dog, Bentley, bounding from one scent to another. We talked over Hannah's health, our families in general, my trip and eventually our talk turned to politics. We both have strong opinions and feelings about the candidates and, because we're in agreement, our emotions were spurred to ever increasing fervor. As we parted, I realized that there is so much unknown and so much potential for fear. Again fear. Always lurking around the corner, fear. I continue to stand on the promise of God that I do not need to fear. Perfect love casts out fear. I am not God and do not know the ultimate GOOD for myself or my family let alone the nation. So I continue today to "trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love."(ICor. 13:13b - The Message Bible) So I went home and prayed and let Love cast out fear.

No comments: