Saturday, October 4, 2008

missions fest Seattle

I just came home from Seattle's mission conference and I'm so quietly excited. As I told Diane (the other wonderful leader of Global Support) "these are my people." I really felt like I was with kindred spirits as we listened to workshops and plenary speakers talk about what mission is like today. I completely resonate with the truth that God is at work all over the world and He is calling us to come join Him. I don't believe this means that I'll be going all over the world but that after Africa I'll continue with mission in my own neighborhood. After all, the world has come to us.

An example of this is our pick up soccer games on Saturday afternoons. A multi-ethnic group gathers in the late afternoon, rain or shine, to play soccer for an hour or two. Soccer is our common love and the differences of race, age, gender don't seem to matter much. I've come to really appreciate this spontaneous mixing of cultures - just for the fun of it. Next Saturday I'll think I'll bring cookies.

No comments: