Friday, October 31, 2008

Prayers for Ben Towne

Just calling for a little extra prayer support as I finish up these last two days at home before Africa. I'm feeling really torn about leaving my family but know that God is calling me to do so. I also received notification that a little boy's family just got incomprehensible news. I've been praying for Ben for almost a year (he was in the nursery at UPC when I was supervising it.) His story is at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/towne if you have it in your heart to read it. His mom is an amazing writer and I've been frequently touched by their story. As I prayed for them this morning, my plea was for the faith of those around them to carry them and for them to be enveloped in the loving arms of the Holy Spirit. Thank you for taking the time to let the pain of another touch your life. Do let it touch your life.

No comments: