Tuesday, December 2, 2008

A Night of Remembrance

A big thank you to all of you who came to the presentation last night. It was fun to tell the stories, show the pictures and hear your questions. A special thanks to Jesse for helping us with the computer challenges - we really needed you! What I'm a bit disappointed with is our lack of conversation about Gloriose. I'm really excited about coming alongside her and will be devoting an entire blog post to her life story. At the present, I'm looking for someone to translate her vision and story from French to English. I think it'd take me another lifetime to do it (hey, I brushed up on my French before going but I only had two years in Junior High and that was a long time ago!) Anyway, even though we didn't talk about her last night - you'll be hearing about her from me soon.

I was alerted to a special about genocide that will be airing several times on CNN. The link to find out about it and preview some of the special is: http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2008/scream.bloody.murder/ Not a pleasant title but it's not a pleasant topic yet one I believe we must face honestly and work for change.

Before I sign off on this entry I want to report that we got Ben's bike back. Most likely by the boys that stole it. I had Ben make a sign and post a $50 reward and so they brought it back on Friday morning with a story about finding it in the woods. Yeah, right. I'm very grateful to have it back and now it will be kept locked in the shed - all the time. And Ben is going to do some extra chores to help with the reward. Since he and I ride bikes together as part of our special time - it was really important to get it back. Even if by the rascals that took it.

No comments: