Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Bathrooms

We have a new bathroom with a 5'6" roll in tile shower and new fixtures. Yesterday I ordered the final piece - a classy medicine cabinet. It's a beautiful room and one we've needed to remodel for 14 years! As I think back on the old room, I can hardly believe the difference and am grateful that we didn't remodel until now for we would never have thought to make it ADA accessible. Hannah says she's going to live in it when she comes home for Thanksgiving and I smile to think how much the girls will enjoy it. Ben and Hallack both use it but I have to confess that for me it is not exactly a sanctuary but rather a place of work(or maybe place of ministry is a better way to look at it.) I clean it quite frequently and now realize why their bathroom at Aegis never looked or smelled very clean. I used to think that they weren't cleaning it but now I know that it needs to be done daily or at least every other day. I'm so grateful for this spacious, easy to clean facility that works so nicely for Mom and Dad (or it really will when I get the mounted shower bar - Dad apparently pulled the curtain down again last night!) It's just not the place that I want to escape to.

So I'm delighted to say that next Monday the guys are coming back to get started on our other bathroom (which has also needed remodeling for 14 years!) Travis doesn't think this will take more than a week and I'm so excited about it. I'm not looking forward to all the work this will add to my schedule (emptying the bathroom, painting/trim work, finding places for all our stuff) or the challenge it will be to share the one bathroom (I told Mom yesterday that we're going to bring in the second commode in case there's a line up and she can't wait :0). When it is done, though, it really will be a sanctuary for me (and whomever else wants to use it.) Now if we can just make it through the week or so of remodeling, it really will be done in time for the girls' Thanksgiving homecoming. I'm grateful for a holiday dedicated to giving thanks as well as anticipating a house full of joy...and another new bathroom.

No comments: